Login to Complete an Application
Click here to register for an account.
Welcome to the 36th Annual Governor's Volunteer Awards (2019)
OneStar Foundation is pleased to accept nominations for the 36th Annual Governor’s Volunteer Awards through Thursday May 16, 2019! The Governor’s Volunteer Awards honor the extraordinary service of individuals and organizations in Texas that have made a difference in their communities through service and volunteering. Awardees will be honored in the fall at an evening reception at the Texas Governor’s Mansion, hosted by Honorary Chair, Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott and OneStar Foundation.
- Each nomination must include three (3) documents:
- A one-page typed narrative (Microsoft Word or PDF) submitted and signed by the nominator, including information that supports the nomination
- Two one-page signed letters of support (Microsoft Word or PDF) describing why the nominee should receive the award
- Letters of support written by two (2) separate individuals including each supporter’s personal signature
- Letters of support will not be accepted from a family member or the nominee or the nominator
- Individuals and groups may be nominated in only one category
- Volunteer service must have been performed in Texas serving primarily Texans
Electronic submissions using this system are preferred. Submissions via fax (512-287-2039) will also be accepted.
Please note that if you are having trouble completing this online form you may need to use a different internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. If you have questions you may send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Also note that you will be able to edit submissions after they are finalized. To do so please go to your completed submissions and click "Edit".
Winning nominators will be notified by phone before June 15, 2019. Nominators will have the opportunity to notify their nominee. All other nominators will be notified by email before June 29, 2019.
*Note: If your nominee is selected for an award, you will be required to submit at least two high resolution photos of the nominee; one headshot and one photo showing the nominee in service. Information from nominations may be released to the media and to elected officials.
Thank you for your nomination - good luck!